|Degree of leverage available
||Total markets covered
| Mobile trading
|Global clients accepted?
Why choose CMC Markets?
CMC offers the lowest advertised spreads and margins across the key spread betting markets.
Key Features of CMC Markets
- CMC Markets offers fractional pip pricing and quotes an additional decimal place on all indices enabling CMC to offer tighter spreads. Precision pricing can increase your trading opportunities, prevent unnecessary stop loss execution and help you save money.
- Good risk management: Order tickets automatically suggest a stop loss equal to your margin requirement for each trade (although this feature can be turned off). This feature is known as Transaction Based Stop Loss and it constantly reminds you that stop losses can help to enhance your index trading and can help to limit the downside risk associated with a trade.
- Lots of free guides e.g. Five trading mistakes to avoid and Company fundamentals
- CMC Markets offer spread trading on a number of indices, commodities, Forex and shares.
|24 hours trading
Note - Spreads & leverage mark based on overall market comparison
(Trading hours only)
|Brent crude oil
|UK 100 shares
|UK 250 shares
CMC calculate their margin based on a percentage of the spread, rather than applying a margin factor to the stake. We have included an approximate equivalent margin factor to help compare their offering to other Spread betting providers.
Note - Spreads reflect trading hour spreads at the time of research. Spread betting company do vary their spreads significantly based on the timing of purchase, in particular for purchase outside of trading hours.
About the Company
- CMC Markets starts out in the UK as a forex broker.
- CMC Markets becomesonline retail forex trading company, allowing customers to take advantage of markets previously only accessible to professionals.
- CMC Markets expands to become a CFD broker.
- CMC Markets launches an online spread betting service, including the self-proclaimed pioneering of 'the daily Rolling Cash Bet'.
- CMC Markets opens its first non-UK office in Sydney, Australia, to provide online CFD and forex trading to the Australian market.
- CMC Markets launches one-click dealing and mobile trading.
- CMC Markets opens the Beijing representative office.
- CMC Markets Asia Pacific opens the Hong Kong office.
- CMC Markets opens office in Toronto, Canada.
- CMC Markets opens in Germany.
- In August 2005, the Group rebrands as CMC Markets, replacing all existing brands (including ‘deal4free’) with one global brand.
- In addition, opens branch offices in Melbourne and Brisbane.
- CMC Markets opens its Auckland, New Zealand office.
- CMC Markets also wins Best Spread Betting and Best CFD provider from Trade2Win
- CMC Markets opens Singapore office.
- CMC Markets acquires Digital Look, a provider of online investment market data and intelligence to the retail investor.
- CMC Markets opens first Nordic office in Stockholm, Sweden.
- CMC Markets announces launch of its Japanese subsidiary, CMC Markets Japan k.k.
- The 50 millionth client trade milestone is reached.
- Goldman Sachs purchases a 10% stake in CMC Markets.
- CMC Markets (Australia) completes negotiations to acquire leading non-advisory Australian stockbroker Andrew West & Co.
- CMC Markets opens offices in Scotland and Ireland.
- CMC Markets celebrates its 20th Anniversary (starting as a forex broker branching out into a world-leading spread betting company and CFD company).
- CMC Markets opens an office in Milan.
- CMC Markets launches new spread betting pricing, execution and technology.
- CMC Markets relaunches its brand.
- CMC Markets launches new spread betting trading platform in the UK.
- CMC Markets launches new spread betting iPhone app in the UK.
- CMC Markets launches new CFD trading platform, CMC Tracker, with customisable leverage, fractional ownership and portfolio mixer.
- CMC Markets launches new CFD iPhone app.
- CMC Markets launches CFD iPad app.